Tuesday 9 September 2014

About this blog

This project is started as a side track from this.


From where I grew up, it is a tradition when a Chinese woman suffers the physical strains from a childbirth or miscarriage, she will undergo recovery process for a month. The process will usually be assisted by elders of the family or engaging a confinement lady. The roles of the confinement assistant will include cooking and providing information about practices and restrictions.


As my wife and I are alone in Perth with none of our parents with us, I will have to be the Confinement Man. As awkward as this sounds, it will go ahead as planned. My difficulties and experiences of performing this role in a place like Perth, where such practices are not in common, will be logged.


This blog will be a showcase how a hapless husband can try taking care of his wife in confinement. Will I be able to perform the role reasonably well or fail miserably? Nonetheless, I hope these logs can help future husbands who may be attempting the same thing avoid potential pitfalls by taking reference from my own so as to make their confinement experience a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment