Thursday 18 September 2014

Drunken Egg


Hey, I almost burn down the kitchen for this. So you better appreciate this post. The ingredients for this are only


  • 2 eggs
  • 200g of wine (I used DOM, but Fuzhou red wine is recommended)
  • a handful of black fungus
  • at least 20g of ginger, sliced to strips

That's it. There is no excuse not being able to do this simple dish.



First, soak your black fungus in hot water until it is soft.




Do the usual stunt, bathe the ginger in very hot sesame oil.




Add in these eerie black stuff in the mix and fry about until they taste cooked




Add in 2 eggs and stir them about without much delay. Then pour your wine in. That was where it became dramatic for me. After add my wine in, I turned my back to place the cup into my wash basin. 




That was only a split second but when I turned back I was greeted with a pan-ful of flames licking all the way to my hood! Hmm. Now what? Take a picture of course, because burning down the house wasn't as important as showing you how to cook. My fire alarm set off again. That was the third time this week. Just that unlike the previous two incidents, it was triggered by smoke not flames. Hey that was not the first time I dealt with flames in the pan. I did have that when I added red wine to my steak but it wasn't anything like that. Those flames were really big high ones. Eventually I felt allowing the flames to continue licking my hood wasn't such a great idea, so I shifted my pan elsewhere.


My wife came into the scene and went, "Woah!" I bet you she would eat my dish despite how yucky it tasted to me. (just not my kind of food)


I simmered for about 5 minutes on low heat after the flames died down to allow the ingredients to soak up one another's essence.


She said it actually tasted rather good
This dish is good for a woman in confinement because it heats up the body tremendously. Eggs and black fungus are also good food for nourishing them. The ingredients are super simplistic (doesn't even require seasoning) and the cooking method and time taken is minimal. Just watch the flames.


Don't expect your wife to finish this dish. It is meant to be a side dish and can be kept in the fridge and reheated to be taken for several meals.


Can Winkingdoll eat eggs? Else that's another +1 for you

1 comment: